Equity Offerings and Debt Offerings are two common types of securities
that companies offer via a Regulation D
Equity securities consist of shares for a corporation or membership units for an LLC. They represent a portion of the ownership interest in the company. Stockholders are entitled to vote on company matters and must receive all key information about the company, including financial statements, on a regular basis.
Since 2011 Private Placement Advisors LLC has been an industry leader in providing Regulation D documentation and advisory services. We help select the best transaction structure. We draft private placement memorandum and other offering documentation. We assist with SEC filings and state filings. We give clients access to our database of FINRA broker-dealers. We create custom 506(c) investor portals.
- We suggest the SEC exemption that maximizes efficiency and minimizes your state Blue Sky regulatory hurdles.
- We discuss the differences between equity investors and debenture investors.
- We assist in the formation and approval of a SEC EDGAR account and in the issuance of a CIK number with the SEC.
- We draft and file a Form D with the SEC and we make the necessary state “Blue Sky” filings.
- price the shares
- consider convertible notes
- set the capitalization of the company
- decide how many shares to issue in this offering
- develop investor return models
- explore marketing tactics and resources
Our resources include long term relationships with FINRA broker-dealers, private equity and private investment firms, and accredited investor platforms. Form 1A disclosure is used in our Tier 1A offerings -- using documents that exceed Regulation D disclosure requirements.
Our Exempt Offerings Library includes books and audiobooks on crowdfunding, exempt offerings, and other topics.
Our monthly reporting service, Exempt Offerings Reporter, summarizes recent developments in the world of Blue Sky law and regulation.